Croton100.org discusses their new Greenhouse gas tracking tool, providing a tool that individuals can use to help recue the amount og GHGs they emit.
Purpose of the app
We cannot reduce our carbon footprint unless we measure it accurately. The app fulfills the following purposes:
- Provides a framework to measure carbon footprint and track improvements over time.
- Dispels myths about the carbon savings of various measures; allows us to focus on the biggest hitters.
- Plants seeds in our minds for the time when big purchasing decisions present themselves (e.g., furnace replacement or car replacement).
- Allows us to track the overall progress of Croton towards the goal of 5% reduction of emissions per year.
- Gives us a scalable and replicable platform to track emissions reductions in any zip code in the United States.